FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: FEATURE REQUEST - Folders / Bins at the sequence level

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nat Jencks
Re: FEATURE REQUEST - Folders / Bins at the sequence level
on Dec 15, 2013 at 5:44:46 pm

Even when everything is truly locked, its nice to be able to dupe a timeline before you make a major change to a particular scene etc. Or occasionally I might have an assistant work on some scenes, and I like to duplicate the timeline before they start working on it.

I realize that the traditional workflow for resolve is to keep the number of timelines in a single project very low, or even at a single timeline per project, but I really don't think that makes sense looking forward.

As resolve takes steps towards having some basic functionality as an online editor these type of things become more crucial.

The organizational benefits of being able group timelines and place them in folders seem obvious to me. I also use Scratch quite a bit, and the same conversation came up a few years ago as more users started using it for long form work and the need for folders to organize timelines (constructs in scratch) came up. When scratch added the ability to place timelines in folders (groups) to organize them it was a huge benefit organizationally for me.

Best-
-Nat

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]