FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Auto White Balance with a color picker still not in V10??

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nat Jencks
Re: Auto White Balance with a color picker still not in V10??
on Nov 14, 2013 at 12:08:50 am

To be clear, I'm not suggesting a magic autowhite button. I'm also not suggesting that correcting white to D65 is a good idea creatively.

What I am suggesting is that a toolset which deals with white balance is very useful above and beyond what can be done with RGB gains. Can you acheive the same results that you would with a white balance toolset using RGB gains combined with the channel mixer, combined with good use of the HSV keyer? Of course. But using the channel mixer to this end is fairly painful.

Would a white balance tool set be useful… yes, very much so.

Best-
-Nat Jencks

p.s.
and yes, and "Color Temperature" adjustment would be extremely useful as well. Not always appropriate, but there are many times when it would be great to push white up and down in temp (along the plackian locus). Most colorists approximate this by pushing gain toward or away from orange, which of course works fine, but doesn't actually align with color temp.

However that feature request is a longshot in my opinion, since unlike white balance tools, I haven't seen a "color temp" adjustment that would push white point up and down the plackian locus in any pieces of software.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]