FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto White Balance with a color picker still not in V10??

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Adam Claude Jones
Auto White Balance with a color picker still not in V10??
on Nov 12, 2013 at 1:27:05 pm

I know you should manually white balance and should know how to do it. But sometimes you just don't need to. You probably wont use auto white balance in a Feature. But if you get something, corporate, documentary or whatever, shot with 4 different cameras at the same time and not properly white balanced, with a limited budget, auto white balance would go a long way in saving you time. Apple Color had it. FCP-X and Media Composer have it and they are not even dedicated color correction tools.

I remember this being requested here and also over at the Blackmagic forums by several people last year and remember Peter Chamberlain saying it would be added to the list. But here we are a full year later and with a new version of Davinci and it seems it is still not there. Or am I overlooking it? The auto color is not the same thing by the way.

It would be really a shame if it would be faster and more efficient to log all my footage in FCP-X and do a white balance first before going into Resolve as opposed to doing all in Resolve.

Any news on this Peter?

Thanks

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]