FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: EVGA announced GTX 680 Mac Edition

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jon Lewis
Re: EVGA announced GTX 680 Mac Edition
on May 1, 2013 at 4:07:03 am

Yep I put one in. Upgraded from Lion to ML 10.8.3, on a 12 Core MacPro,. Had to change a preference file in AE, and was sent a "beta" driver so that Cuda would work. Everything was great as it felt much faster than the stock card. AE, C4D fine, PS and all the other stuff work great, everything except FCP. FCP at this time crashes on opening every time and is no good anymore for what we see. Spent an hour with Nvidia and Apple tried all the stuff, and from what we can tell it is the new driver "cudadriver-5.0.45-macos" that I installed that brought it down. I tested FCP right with the new card right before the driver install and it was fine. And according to Apple, one can't change the drivers in the OS so no going back. Not all the functionality is in the driver that is installed with 10.8.3 is how I understand it.
This is a big issue, actually HUGE issue, as we still rely on FCP for a lot of projects that underway now. So be very careful, if someone else has it working or any ideas let me know.
At this point will probably, sadly, switch back to the stock card, or continue to use PPro, which moving into is fine, but we need to update the Kona LHe to monitor now and have too many project on FCP on deadline. But in AE CS6, C4D, was great.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]