Re: Do you conform inside Resolve?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph Owens
Re: Do you conform inside Resolve?
on Mar 6, 2013 at 8:10:30 pm

[MichaelMaier] "
In this process you would have rendered 2 times. From Resolve and from the NLE. If you had done it from Resolve, you would only render one time. Straight to your deliver format. Am I wrong?"

As Juan put it, it would vary on a case-by-case basis. The vast majority of my workflow dictates a kind of "generic" donor timeline which could not be finalized in any way directly from Resolve. There will always be several versions of the final show; textless elements, seamless versions, different languages, widescreen, letterbox, pillarbox, widescreen with text protected for center extraction, and so on and on and on and on.... So maybe if the show is a very simple one-off with no variations, then sure, pump out the flat single file/project and that will be it... upload to wherever its going and whatever happens to it after that is somebody else's challenge. Just don't expect to be able to make any revisions without tearing it apart first, or doing it all over again. Maybe you can charge for that!

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]