FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Hourly Rates, Billing, etc.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

kim krause
Re: Hourly Rates, Billing, etc.
on Dec 14, 2011 at 9:57:52 am

it really depends on what the market will bear and in recent years that has dropped significantly. in most places the hourly rate for colorists has dropped by around 30% and in some places the day rate is half what it was a few years ago. it all comes down to lack of budgets and the increase in number of people selling themselves as colorists. right now you can hire a film student for $10/hour with a laptop and davinci resolve lite and he might even do an okay job. the industry is evolving and you gotta set your price based on what you think you're worth against what people are willing to or able to pay for the service. even after i cut my prices by 30% just to keep the jobs i have lost out to editors who do the grade for free with whatever tools they have just so they can get the work. most offer grading for free in return for you using them to edit. its hard to compete with free. i even had a post house throw in the grade for free if the sound mix was done at their place....how can one compete with that?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]