FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: The Irishman

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Roberts
Re: The Irishman
on Dec 6, 2019 at 6:12:47 pm

I wasn't a huge fan of the Irishman, and I normally love Scorsese. I found it kind of dry. I thought Joker was a better Scorsese movie than this. ba-dum-tssss. ☺

There were a bunch of scenes I really did like a lot, but there were 3x as many scenes that were totally forgettable. That's probably the case for a lot of movies, but when your movie is 3 and 1/2 hours, the forgettable scenes are more of note. I started watching this at 8pm one night, and with all the stopping and starting and putting my kid to bed in the middle of it, I don't think I finished it until around 1:15 AM. And I was a little tired and fatigued and possibly starting to fall asleep by the end. To be honest, I actually don't even remember the very very end.

So, maybe I didn't give it the most ideal of chances (which is my fault), but also, I have no real desire to commit another 3 and 1/2 hours to giving it a second chance (which is the film's fault).

I think this would have been a potentially amazing movie if Scorsese made it in 1992 and had Goodfellas-like focus.

The digital make-up was mostly interesting, and I look forward to seeing how that technology pans out in the future as it gets better and better. The choice to give De Niro creepy blue eyes was a bad one, though, and had shades of Johnny Depp from his mobster movie.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • The Irishman by Mark Suszko on Dec 6, 2019 at 1:38:06 am
    • Re: The Irishman by Scott Roberts on Dec 6, 2019 at 6:12:47 pm

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]