FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Ford V. Ferrari

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Roberts
Re: Ford V. Ferrari
on Nov 19, 2019 at 6:03:27 am

I also liked it, and I also agree that Rush was a more interesting movie. I think I personally liked Rush more, because I didn't really know where it was going, as the film had two opposing protagonists. Ford v Ferrari, on the other hand, even though I know nothing about the history of cars/racing, I just kind of figured Ford would win in the end and they would overcome all of the obstacles in their way (spoiler? [no pun intended {I can do car jokes too}]).

Even at a bruising duration of 2 and 1/2 hours, I thought it flew by decently quick. I think the good acting helps get through some of the slower expository scenes. And I did like the relationships with the wife and kid. I think the only time I really felt the film's length was during the Daytona race (I think? the second to last one), which had the intensity of a grand finale in any other racing movie; that was when I went "Holy cow, I've been sitting here for like two hours, and they still haven't done the big 24 hour showdown with Ferrari yet!"

Overall, I would definitely recommend it. In sort of a backhanded-compliment kind of way, I think this is the kind of generic, fun, not-too-much-to-think-about kind of movie that most people will like. And that's not to say it also isn't smart in places, but it felt like a formula we've all seen and enjoyed before in one way or another. It's good, well-rounded entertainment.

I did like the red folder part a lot, too. ☺

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]