Finally getting around to Star Trek: Discovery

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Finally getting around to Star Trek: Discovery
on Jun 11, 2019 at 2:18:02 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Jun 14, 2019 at 2:15:56 pm

I wasn't ever going to join CBS' streaming service, but I was gifted recently with the DVD set for season one and have been binging it. I find that the critiques from the online fanboys were considerably overwrought. This is... not bad. It's way better than "Enterprise" was, and better than most of "Voyager" was. The acting has been been a level above those shows.

Wasn't crazy about the over-use of Dutch tilts, but the photography and editing otherwise have been well done.

As a fan from the TOS days, I really don't think it's bad. Do I like the updated Klingon looks? Not especially, but I got over that because the acting was good. I find the way they portray Klingon speech patterns and mannerisms seems to be trying to imitate Native American tribal custom - at least, as interpreted/ depicted in more recent western genre' movies. Which is understandable in that they are basically telling "cowboys and indians" stories the way Roddenberry once used to pitch the original show.

Posts Index 

Current Message Thread:
  • Finally getting around to Star Trek: Discovery by Mark Suszko on Jun 11, 2019 at 2:18:02 pm

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]