FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Netflix Originals

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Roberts
Re: Netflix Originals
on Jan 5, 2017 at 7:55:35 pm

I considered watching Luke Cage because people were telling me it was good, but then I remembered that a bunch of people told me Daredevil was also good, and I watched three episodes of that (which I found to be tedious) and never looked back.

I think the thing is that I hate comic book TV shows, their corny production values, and desire to develop a bunch of super minor characters (like Daredevil's friends, or the C-list agents from Shield) that I just don't find interesting.

But probably mostly corny production values... And I hope I don't start a heated TV war over here, but one of the big reasons I didn't *looooove* that show Firefly was because it had terrible production values and it felt like a Saturday morning WGN show or something. Felt like I was watching Kevin Sorbo's Hercules, or Xena, and I guess I understand why people like those shows... but it's just not for me.

So, long story short, watching Marvel TV shows (and DC too, I gave Gotham a small chance) makes me feel like I'm watching Xena Warrior Princess.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]