FORUMS: list search recent posts

Netflix Originals

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike Cohen
Netflix Originals
on Dec 24, 2016 at 11:38:42 pm

Hi there. It has been a while since I have grazed the pastures. I have spent a fair number of hours on Netflix as the days have grown shorter and have discovered a lot of good original content.
Netflix doesn't have a great selection of new theatrical movies but they make up for that by putting big bucks into original series.

First I caught up on House of Cards. I had thought season 3 was not so good but season 4 seemed to make up for this shortfall including a nice cliffhanger episode. Watching Kevin Spacey portray a slime politician concurrent with the final months of the US presidential election made for some interesting analysis of which slime politicians were slimier.

Next I watched The Crown...about the early days in the reign of Queen Elizabeth. Very interesting but slow moving with an interesting performance by John Lithgow as Churchill. I found myself going to Wikipedia after each episode to check my British history. Rumor has it Netflix spent $200 million on this series. It is well done and we know there are another 60 years of story to tell but hopefully they will compress time a little.

Finally we found Sense8. This unusual series is about a group of people who can telepathically interact with each other created by the Wachowskis. Saying anything more will give something away. It is worth going into this with no other knowledge. The Christmas special came out yesterday so we are off to watch that tonight.

More to come.

Mike

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]