FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: The Jungle Book - Huntsman: Winter's War - Green Room - Keanu

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: The Jungle Book - Huntsman: Winter's War - Green Room - Keanu
on May 25, 2016 at 2:15:34 pm

Saw the Jungle Book last night with the wife, it started with an introduction by Favreau, profusely thanking the audience for attending and seeing it in the theatre. I mean, he was almost tearful... I looked around, and there were only ten people in the showing besides the wife and I.

Saw the 3-d version, and it was okay, great in a few spots. Would be better on a larger screen.

After a slow start, the film moves really well. Bill Murray as Baloo was a hoot, and it was amazing how much of his face they were able to blend into the bear's face. Mocap brought Murray's trademark head bobs and nods, and when he's singing "The Bear Necessities", he's really doing Nick The Lounge Singer from SNL, you can tell.

Walken as King Louie did a hysterical reference to Brando in Apocalypse Now during his introduction, which only parents will get. Walken infuses King Louie with a lot of menace, and it's fascinating just to watch him talk and react.

I felt Kaa the snake was under-utilized, being in just one scene: Scarlett Johansen voices the giant snake, and the song you know from the animation: "Trust in ME" was moved to the end title sequence, where it reads more like a Bond Movie Intro. I like Scarjo a lot, but didn't really go wild for her torch song take on the song.

Ben Kingsley is of course perfect as Bagheera. Idris Elba imbues Shere Khan with deadly menace and a hint of Brixton alleyway thug.

The CGI was really good in almost every scene; especially the monkeys. Overall, I'd give it a B-plus/A-minus. Good kids' movie, if they are old enough not to freak out and have nightmares about being eaten by a tiger.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]