FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Rush

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Rush
on Oct 21, 2013 at 2:53:53 pm

I got to see RUSH this weekend, and boy, did I like it. Very lyrical shooting and editing, excellent pace, the blend of racing action and character development is just about right. You can see and feel the relationship between the two men grow and change, and see how much it changes them. Truly a great "bro" pic, but there's enough narrative depth there for all genders to appreciate.

Has Zimmer's scoring here grabs you by the ears and drags you along at great speed and power. I had to have this soundtrack as soon as I finished the movie. But on the funny side, Rush has a powerful montage set to Spencer-Davis' "Gimmee Some Lovin' ", and when I went back to you tube to check, yes, there is the same song in a similar montage in "Days OF Thunder". Which was also scored by... anybody? Zimmer. :-)
I gave the "Thunder" score a re-listen, and the one for "Rush" is different, better. The "Thunder" score has more cheesy synths, sounds more like Top Gun's Harold Faltermeyer.

Might be fun to research all the film scenes and montages where 'Gimme Some Lovin" is used. The song is just so great, it's exuberance and drive improve anything you lay it up against.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • Rush by Scott Roberts on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:58:05 pm
    • Re: Rush by Mark Suszko on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:18:17 pm
    • Re: Rush by Mark Suszko on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:45:43 pm
    • Re: Rush by Mark Suszko on Oct 21, 2013 at 2:53:53 pm

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]