FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Dark Knight Rises Catwoman

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike Cohen
Re: Dark Knight Rises Catwoman
on Oct 11, 2011 at 4:11:38 pm

Excellent point Mark. Look at Spiderman 3 - I can't remember who the primary villain was - Sandman or Green Goblin Jr. Neither were very diabolical. Then there was Bizarro Spiderman - I really couldn't follow that movie.

One movie that worked was Superman II where you had the Zod Gang and Lex Luthor being their tour guide. Lex had his own agenda but was not really evil just self-serving. Let's table the issue of Donner vs Lester for now.

Transformers 3 was another problem. The superheroes were Optimus, Bumblebee and the others. Did the conspiracy with McDreamy really add anything? It only added to the confusion of an already hard to follow plot. Part 1 and 2 did not have a human villain (Turturo was half bad guy at first but we grew to love him).

Batman and Robin (Schumacher) was the ultimate clusterbat. Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane (can't say I remember him), Ah-nold's one-liners were basically another thing to hate about the movie and George Clooney's bat-nipples were another disaster. So this movie had both too many villains and too many just silly things about it. Sure Burton had Catwoman and Penguin in Batman Returns, but Catwoman is more of a love interest than a villain - but in terms of the 60's Batman the ensemble super villains did sometimes work together.

Regarding Dark Knight Rises, I was surprised they would add Catwoman before a non-campy Riddler or Penguin.

Oh well - we'll see how it is. Probably awesome.

Mike Cohen

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]