FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sanctum

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Roberts
Sanctum
on Feb 8, 2011 at 4:55:15 pm

I saw the new James Cameron produced film, Sanctum, over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I mean, the acting was horrendous, and the dialogue these horrendous actors had to say was also horrendous, but I can't lie and say I wasn't completely sucked into the suspense aspects of the film. It was really, genuinely exciting and gave the thrills of adventure and the suspense of imminent death to any character. But again, the movie works best when the characters are occupied with staying alive, and not when they are force feeding the audience unwanted drama. And the main character's attitude and point of view switched literally from scene to scene, it was nearly impossible to determine how to feel about basically anybody. Or maybe he was just bipolar? That would explain it I guess...

As a film that I basically only saw advertised as a "James Cameron Mega Awesome 3D Production!!!" the 3D wasn't that impressive. And the film was only offered in 3D. It was good in certain situations, but as a whole, I've seen better.

In comparison with the only other cave exploration movie I think I've ever seen, 2005's The Decent, I would say The Decent is better. At least The Decent had mutant bat people. And better acting. But yeah, Sanctum wasn't bad. But if you don't see it on a theater screen, I'm pretty sure it's not going to translate very well to DVD and still look as cool on a regular old TV.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-sPMSiyLRDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • Sanctum by Scott Roberts on Feb 8, 2011 at 4:55:15 pm
    • Re: Sanctum by Tim Wilson on Feb 8, 2011 at 9:51:31 pm
      • Re: Sanctum by Mike Cohen on Feb 8, 2011 at 10:06:30 pm
        • Re: Sanctum by Mark Suszko on Feb 8, 2011 at 10:15:17 pm
          • Re: Sanctum by Tim Wilson on Feb 8, 2011 at 10:37:57 pm

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]