FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: 1950's Inception...plus Dracula and Citizen Kane

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Roberts
Re: 1950's Inception...plus Dracula and Citizen Kane
on Oct 6, 2010 at 7:36:48 pm

Haha I've never seen that Citizen Kane trailer before, that was great! It was so abstractly brilliant. That Orson Wells guy... I think he was ahead of his time...

And I definitely agree that a more appropriate title would have been 1940s Inception or 1930s Inception, because there is no doubt that that is what the trailers of those decades looked like. But to whoever made this video's defense on his choice of title, or at least to his possible justification, I don't think for the most part (there's always exceptions) the style of movie trailers evolved all that much from the 1930s to the 1950s. Check out this trailer from 1954:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/lM1o1xe5FGE?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/lM1o1xe5FGE?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]