FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: wirecast alternatives

COW Forums : Telestream

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Roy McKenzie
Re: wirecast alternatives
on Jul 2, 2014 at 1:00:04 am

Thanks ya I have seen them. This company is good too, they also have h.264 proxy recorders that auto increment for some cameras.

http://www.vitec.com/

The point is to have this be in one system and have the capability to create a program record like wirecast does and increment the records with that one record button. I might need to run it on a mac pro or it might not be there yet.

You know some older mac minis had h.264 hardware acceleration, there where a couple usb dongles on the market a one time that did it as well. I know that the h.264 is causing overhead problems in the program. If you look at the way it functions in the activity monitor there is significant overhead just to display the video in the record monitor, even before you ever pull the trigger on the record.

I think they should sell a hardware acceleration option that gives you some thunderbolt outputs and maybe some control interface like livestreams pro configurations. I would go in that direction, but I don't like PCs I only keep one around for emergencies.

Transcoding the h.264 causes more overhead then the pro rez. What is interesting is that the processor/system utilization is lower with the pro rez only capture, but it still seems to waffle off of 30fps. And it's not like it is just frame rates changing as it plays back, it shows a constant rate of less then 29fps in quicktime 7 info window.

I have tried it on a couple of different macs with good iCore 7 processors. Maybe they designed it for more acceleration in mavericks and I have to upgrade. I might try it on one of the iMacs we just bought with mavericks. All I know now is that the telestream techs have responded with hardrive speed questions after I told them my full configuration. Pretty sure I'm all set there.

Thank you

Roy

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]