ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR: Forum Illustrator Tutorials Photoshop Tutorials

Re: How do you make fonts in the Character drop down, display how they really look?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

ryan Wayne
Re: How do you make fonts in the Character drop down, display how they really look?
on Jun 1, 2010 at 8:56:28 pm

it would seem that there is no fix... i've read dozens of forums where people have tried anything and everything to make it work but apparently it's just a problem with illustrator...period. the only thing i didn't see tried, was using a font fixer to clean up bad fonts, so i tried that, but again no luck.

Others have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, deleting illustrator files, replacing illustrator files, even removing registry files, and more. and in every situation the font preview works fine in photoshop and indesign, but not illustrator. and it doesn't seem to be OS specific...i'm running XP and others with the same issue have been using vista or windows 7.

unfortunately it seems like the only solution is to use a different program to browse your fonts until adobe fixes the issue or until someone figures out a work around.

Vincent, as far as i can tell, if it works for you, you're lucky ;P maybe someone else will eventually shed new light on the subject.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]