MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Are Sony Vegas skills marketable?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Rofrano
Re: Are Sony Vegas skills marketable?
on Feb 7, 2016 at 3:05:19 pm

[Russ Froze] "To wit, I'd like to thank you and Douglas Spotted Eagle for not continually billing me for Ultimat S. "
Hey, if you guys want to send me a check every month wouldn't that be nice! lol
[Russ Froze] "Another thing that I don't agree with is the fact that these subscription licences need to be online."
That is another thing that I (and we at VASST) never believed in and that's "Activation". What an insult to your customers to treat them like criminals while the criminals are using pirated copies that don't have activation! It stops no one but your honest customers from using the software they paid for. it's insane!!!

I have 4 Macs: A 2008 Mac Pro, a 2010 Mac Pro, and Mac Mini, and a MacBook Pro. All of the software that I purchase from Apple I buy once and have installed on all 4 of my Macs (FCP X, Motion, Compressor, Logic Pro X, etc). Not so with other greedy vendors. Adobe CS6 can only be on 2 of them at one time! Some plug-ins only allow me to put them on 1 of them!!! Needless to say they fooled me once, but I will never buy software a second time from a vendor who doesn't trust me to use it on the computers that I own. When configuring a new OS install, I dread having to relicense all of my 3rd party plug-ins and applications, but with Apple, I only have to put in my Apple ID and everything re-installs itself without any problems including 3rd party software that I purchased from the Apple Store (e.g., Pixelmator, Affinity Design, Affinity Photo, etc.). Every vendor should trust their customers because the people who steal their software, never were customers to begin with!

This is why VASST uses a simply license key that allows you to install our plug-ins on however many computers that you own. We don't lock a license to a particular computer, we don't "activate" back to a license server in the sky that requires you to be on-line. All of that is just a hassle for customers who purchased your software legally. Yea, I know there are pirated copies of our software out there but you know what... people who would use a pirated copy were never going to buy your software to begin with so it's really not a lost sale. Legitimate customers pay for their software and enjoy the support that it brings.

(hang on while I get down off of this soap box... i think I'm getting a nose bleed from the altitude... there... that's better) :-D

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]