MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Are Sony Vegas skills marketable?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

rosh kadri
Re: Are Sony Vegas skills marketable?
on Jan 31, 2016 at 4:17:42 am

Hi Glenn, I was replying based on your "the program itself isn't durable enough to withstand the daily stresses of a professional workflow". But you see it did, day in and day out on a professional theatrical film for a paying audience. If big studios prefer Avid etc. Good for THEM. It does not mean that every professional has to follow suit, unless they're forced to use that specific tool for the job.

I render to cineform because it is easier for me, it's actually easier on any editing system unless it's a networked render farm in which most INDIES do not use, I never mentioned that nesting created problems, it is my PERSONAL workflow. Vegas never picked up unfortunately with the "big boys" and that's ok.

There are enough Indies garnering awards and distribution using tools such as vegas pro and if a picture is picked up by a major studio which prefers to do their own final cut, color correction, etc. One can easily export an AAF, XML.. from Vegas Pro.

Staying on top as per the original subject. Is vegas pro marketable, not so much the software but rather the techniques used by the editor.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]