MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Are Sony Vegas skills marketable?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Russ Froze
Re: Are Sony Vegas skills marketable?
on Jan 29, 2016 at 6:51:28 pm

Ok Rob, here is the thing. All skills are marketable. All that is needed it to find the market and the individual customer base in that market.
Go and read this post by Douglas Spotted Eagle on Mar 15, 2009 at 7:11:22 am
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/890973
The post will explain the situation
The question should be what is your plan for your future. Keep in mind that TV is declining in popularity and newsrooms are disappearing. For film, Studio or independent, the decision is made long before you get hired as the chief cutter. Chances are great that at best an assistant editor position will be offered long before you get to sit in the big chair.
Your NLE training will come from where ever you can find a position. It is doubtful that a multi million Dollar production will be placed in the hands of an unknow.
First and foremost, LEARN YOUR CRAFT.
This whole argument is akin to the camera dialogs on which is better has greater pixel count, dynamic range and so forth. It's all hype and tripe.
The best camera to use it the one you can get or already have. Make your film and edit it with whatever you can afford. Run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes.
I assure you, as a producer, I will not engage in a discussion at to what was used to film or edit your demo reel.IF I like your work you will be hired as a assistant who will catalogue, archive and prepare the files for use by the editor. If you fit into the team, I may decide to use your services and assign smaller projects to you. But the main point is that I have to like you more than your work. That is the secret.

As to vegas stability, it works fine and I find Vegas to be less rigid in file handling. In fact in my facility it is the preferred choice. I do 15 second commercial and independent feature length productions. No hiccups since 2003.
WHen a client walks in I make certain all the usual name brands are are open and visible on the desktop. With the project procured things go back to running mode with Vegas as a cutter and Fusion as a compositor. My projects get out the door and monies come in the door without the use of ransomware.
But that is another argument.
Final statement. LEARN YOUR CHOPS.
Russ Froze

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]