MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Are Sony Vegas skills marketable?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aaron Star
Re: Are Sony Vegas skills marketable?
on Jan 29, 2016 at 11:26:27 am

"Vegas is to unstable" I don't find this to be true.

I think:

people will by FCP hardware specified by apple.

people will buy AVID hardware with strict requirements by AVID.

people buy Vegas, then build a DIY PC or attempt to run some deal of the week system/laptop they found because they liked the price. People also buy NV cards so they can run games better, or because that's what Premier recommends. Then people complain when Vegas crashes or does not perform optimally.

Error free hardware, proper CPU/GPU selection, and optimized data paths are just as critical for Vegas, as AVID and Apple spend on their specs.

My experience with AVID and FCP has been just as filled with crashes and beach balls.

Most the producers already has a workflow in mind which specifies NLE and formats. Vegas generally does not make the list, but that does not mean its not a fully qualified product able to do the job.

There are so many reason why one NLE is used and others are not. Most of the time its due to ignorance. I can remember someone telling me Vegas is 8bit only. All I could do is laugh at them, and then asked how ACES could be supported if it was 8-bit only. NLEs are chosen for legacy corporate/union reasons(AVID), religious and marketing gloss reasons (Apple).

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]