MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

VHS Footage Rendered Out As Progressive Does Not Look Good

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jackie Luffy
VHS Footage Rendered Out As Progressive Does Not Look Good
on Nov 23, 2015 at 11:12:56 pm

Hey again, If you guys remember from last time I was able to capture my VHS tapes using my Sony DV camera as a passthrough, they footage looks great, I have been seeing online that when you capture this way it is "interlaced"

I have a problem after it gets rendered out though, I am making it MP4 and chose to make it progressive but it seems to me when comparing the MP4 file to the source footage that there is a noticable quality loss in the sense that it looks not as sharp, it is more blurry.

I tried to render it out as "Lower field first" and "Upper field first" but the horizontal lines are WAY to bad, I also tried viewing it on my TV through my PS4 and they PS4 would play them but it just glitched, it will only play the progressive version.

I am wondering if there is any possible way to render this out through Vegas with the same quality as the raw captured files

The thing is when I play it through VLC player I noticed that in the settings in de-interlace method it says "Blend" and the strange thing is it looks great playing the raw file in VLC with that setting, but as soon as it's put through Vegas it seems like there is a definite softness to it, I don't see what else I can do, out of the 3 settings "Progressive, Lower, and Upper" Progressive is the only option I have that is looking good, perhaps this slight quality loss is inevitable?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]