MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: No vegas 14?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Cosmin Gurau
Re: No vegas 14?
on Jun 8, 2015 at 3:38:29 am
Last Edited By Cosmin Gurau on Jun 8, 2015 at 3:41:14 am

I personally am extremely disappointed. Vegas needs an overhaul. Maybe even a fresh start. BUT all the GOOD things must be kept. I've been getting HEAPS of sh*t over the years from everyone I worked with for being "that guy" who edits in Vegas. I have been adamant in my total refusal to join the Premiere club (Windows guy here), for obvious reasons (us Vegas users KNOW why). But because I always do the job (and better than anybody else), I've been left alone. But frustration grew inside me. SCS have done SO LITTLE in trying to actually improve this great piece of software (Did you guys ever try Vegas 2.0 - it was incredible for the time and is still very much 80% of what Vegas is today - great for Sonic Foundry, not that great for SCS) SO many things can be improved. Man, when I heard that SCS is building a new editor, I thought they finally understood. Watch out, Adobe! There's a new Sheriff in town!

Vegas. With a new name. With a modern sleek look (finally!!!). With all the functions we love and use daily, both generic and those for the power users. With all the fixes and changes that anyone who used Vegas and another NLE knew that had to be implemented (eg. the infamously lacking copy just one effect, or a selectable amount, or select multiple regions of clips while holding ctrl with the select tool, etc), ROCK steady performance (oh how we wanted that), actually good GPU acceleration to rival Mercury, its own Quicktime processing engine that puts a twist on chroma subsampling (just like Adobe)... Oh how I dreamed about this. Finally, I said to myself, all those posts on NFS would include Sony in the list of PRO NLEs they always talk about.

And then the Catalyst demo came out.

Gentlemen, Catalyst Edit is possibly the worst joke ever pulled by anyone in recorded history. It's like a lite version of iMovie. I didn't even know that they offer "upgrade" discounts for Vegas users. That's like topping the worst joke ever pulled by anyone in recorded history.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]