MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Advice on Building a new PC editing system using Sony Vegas

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Payne
Re: Advice on Building a new PC editing system using Sony Vegas
on Apr 7, 2015 at 4:14:43 am

THANKS so much to everyone for taking the time to respond to my question!
I've been editing my own films for years, tho I've always used my mac book pro and haven't dealt with building a system based around editing specs so I'm definitely playing catchup.

I've been considering switching from Mac to PC for a while because of the massive amount of issues I've had with FCP7. The lack of a built in bluray burning option set me back a good while on my last project as well as some issues with final renders very often coming out flawed requiring attempt after attempt (followed by repeated quality check viewings on my feature film).

I really enjoy the workflow of fcp7 but the output has always given me epic pains. Perhaps my system was never strong enough to begin with. It was purchased quite a few years ago. Sony Vegas comes into play because a filmmaking friend of mine uses it and swears by it. He purchased a new PC system a couple years ago for around $1200 and has edited his feature film with no troubles whatsoever. (we are both using h264 footage from a Canon 60d).

I've been using Adobe Encore to burn Blurays and after many trials I've had SOME success. I'd love to continue using a mac but the price point difference between a diy PC and a new custom built mac seems to be incredibly large. I've never used fcx, but everyone I've met that has used it and everything I've read about it states that it's a program to avoid (it's possible that info is incorrect, just stating that's the info I've gathered).

my friends system looks like this (just fyi):
i7-4770 CPU @ 3.4ghz
8 gb RAM
windows 8
AMD HD 7500 Radion Graphics
Graphic Memory 4,800 dedicated 1,000
1TB hard drive
Dell

I know you can't have an amazing system for free, but I'm scraping pennies together to make a new system happen so I'm just trying to find the best setup for myself.

I've been with my current setup for a very long time. It just takes such an incredibly long time to render my films for output. An upgrade is definitely needed and I fear getting a quality mac option may be well out of my current budget. Tho I'm most definitely up for suggestions on what you guys think is the best way to go.

My current macbook pro setup is..
2.2 Ghz intel core 2 duo
4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
GeForce 8600M GT
120 GB hard drive

Thanks again for all the help!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]