MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: "Computer RGB to Studio RGB" doesn't fix my color problem - what else can I try?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Norman Black
Re: "Computer RGB to Studio RGB" doesn't fix my color problem - what else can I try?
on Jan 25, 2015 at 5:22:57 pm

[Lukas Muller] "I see. The question is, why do my colors change when I encode in x264?"

Many factors. As JR said, the color space interpretation can differ. Your device is a still camera first and video device second.

Also your camera records full range, 0..255 (technically 1..254) and not video levels. The levels conversion in Vegas compresses that range into 16-235. Then a video player on a computer device expands that back to 0..255. This is not a perfect conversion. Some data/levels are lost. Also the conversion to video levels and the inverse operation in the playback device software may not be perfect inversions of each other. I am not sure about MS12 but Vegas uses .060 and .920 in the Computer to Studio levels conversion.

Small levels differences, which directly affect contrast, can show as saturation/color differences.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]