MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

I've been unfaithful

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Edwards
I've been unfaithful
on Apr 30, 2013 at 9:27:35 pm

After years of using nothing but Vegas I've just done a serious project using Avid.

Over the years my whining about peering through a fog because the only way to see what I was editing in HD was to use draft preview mode was greeted with comments suggested my systems were inadequate or I was making unreasonable demands. I've grown tired of seeing the message "Not Responding" many times a day.. when I try to return to multicamera mode having left it.. when I try to delete an unused 3D video track, when I speak to it roughly or when there is an "R" in the month.. I'm sick of looking for workarounds for doing things Vegas won't do without a fight.

For balance: I love the way Vegas works,- it's intuitive and straightforward whereas performing many operations in Avid reminds me of struggling with the automated phone tree I have to go through when calling a large corporation. Someone warned me that Media Composer would mean a steep learning curve and they were right.

BUT.. I have just edited non-stop for four days without a single hang!

I don't want any zingy new features in Vegas 14 (I can't imagine they'd risk a 13), just STABILITY !! Or I may be unfaithful again..

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]