MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: How to add timecode

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

david grantham
Re: How to add timecode
on Feb 24, 2012 at 4:28:35 am

If I understand you, Mike, that extra step would help me place the clips into an off-line version according to my log notes, without having to manually set the Vegas-interpretted in-point. Considered that too, but subsequently subbed-in clips would have to match the offline ones exactly.

Of course substituted clips must have a) the same timecode/content relationship as the off-line edit. But any substituting clips not also matching b) the off-line clips' in-points would require their Vegas-intepreted in-points to be manually set anyway - but not to their actual in-point, but to a number reflecting the difference between their in-point and that of the corresponding off-line clips. Yikes.

If Vegas is interpreting the off-line code correctly via manually-set clip in-point numbers, any subbing corresponding clips with varying in-points would require those in-points to be entered, but right off the timecode readout without the extra math.

Only a) (which is common to all video) is required with Premiere or any other program which uses the source time code reliably; this enables quite a bit of flexibility. Unfortunately the Premiere version I've bought - CS4 - is too unstable to produce on and Adobe tech can't figure it out despite all the usual stripping down and updating etc. This was PPro's last chance in my world, my last experience being the dreaded 1.5. So I'm looking for another alternative. Vegas might not be it but I'm giving the trial version a go.)

Rigidly disciplined timecode-matching hygiene between clip versions would obviate the need for Premiere's flexibility, but flexibilty/forgiveability is a good thing.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]