MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: AVCHD hiccup

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Thomas Smet
Re: AVCHD hiccup
on Feb 19, 2012 at 10:14:57 pm

I should point out I have this exact same problem. 17" MBP core 17 quad core with hyper threading. AMD 6750 GPU 1 GB VRAM and 8 GB system ram.

I am running Windows 7 64 under bootcamp with Vegas 11. I have the latest version and everything plays great until it gets to a cut. I can even scale AVCHD down to 720x480 add 4 gpu filters and play in RT and render out at super fast speeds. My fps does drop 1 to 4 frames between every cut.

Vegas is using the AMD video card and I have tried many storage devices even up to an empty ESATA drive running at 125MB/S.

To me it seems like the way Vegas seeks the drive to get the next video clip. It just seems to take a frame or two. Once the clip is there it plays fine. I find this bug very annoying as it makes it hard to focus on the timing of edits when the video hickups for a few frames between cuts.

I should point out I have run Adobe CS5.5 under Windows and OSX on this same machine and it does not have the same problem. I have also run FCP and the new FCPX without this same problem on the same hardware.

I would love to know if I'm just doing something wrong but the last three computers I tried Vegas on did the exact same thing.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]