MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: DVD Architect not seeing my burner

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stephen Crye
Re: DVD Architect not seeing my burner
on May 30, 2011 at 5:23:29 pm

I Had this exact problem with nearly the same exact LG Bluray burner. Below is what I finally did to fix it, along with the suggestion from Sony support that did NOT fix it. Hope this helps,

Steve

-----
First, I must complain about how ridiculously hard Sony makes the process of asking a question! Every damn time, I have to fill out this crappy form, putting in the SAME DAMN INFO that you ought to be saving in a database with my account!!! It is HORRIBLE!!! No way to just re-open a "solved" question - all I'm trying to do is provide YOU with feedback. But oh, no, Sony won't provide a "reopen" button - that would make it too easy for shmucks - er customers - to ask questions!!!

Below is the original suggestion, which does not work, not with Vegas 9.0 or 10.0, DVD arch 5.0 or 5.2.

I finally figured it out myself. All one has to do is uncheck "use legacy disk drivers".

Disgusted,

Steve

Hi Stephen,

Vegas and DVD Architect do not detect my new LG BH10LS30 drive

Thank you for contacting Sony Creative Software. First, I apologize for the unusually long delay in responding to you. Our new Vegas Pro 10 has been well-received and as such, a high number of people are coming to us for support on this product.

Please try the following:

1. In Vegas, Navigate to Options - Preferences - CD Settings and select the option for Skip Drive Database, Auto-detect drive capabilities. Click Apply then OK. Close Vegas. Restart your system. Open Vegas again.

2. Is the drive Recognized in Vegas at this point? If it does, try the following in DVD Architect Pro 5.0

3. Navigate to Options - Preferences - General and look for the same option: Skip Drive Database, Auto-detect drive capabilities. Place a check mark next to this item and then select Apply and then OK. Close DVD Architect. Restart your system.

Please respond back with your System info if you should continue to experience problems. Please provide us with your system information to help us further research your issue.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information.
Click on File > Export.
Enter a File Name and Choose your Save in Location and Click Save.
Select a destination to save the file (like your Desktop) and enter a name for the file (i.e., si.txt).

To attach a file to this incident: Scroll to the bottom of the webpage, Click "Browse", locate the file, and then click "Open”

When you are ready, select the "Submit Update to Question" button.

If you still have a follow-up question on this particular incident, please feel free to update it. If you have a completely different question, please create a new incident.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]