MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Would we rather 3D or EDL etc.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rob Franks
Re: Would we rather 3D or EDL etc.
on Jan 8, 2011 at 12:12:56 am

I have Avid MC5 and while it edits video extremely well... that's about all it does. Its input/output is hideous to say the best.

There is a thread going on right now on the Avid forums on how to get avchd into MC. The thread is nothing short of comical. One suggestion in fact is to download the trial of Vegas, import your mts files then export as mxf for import to MC. They seem to be impressed with the fact that through a lot of trial and error they have narrowed the avchd import time down to 3 to 1. In other words 3 times real time... or 3 times SLOWER than capturing hdv. Now imagine that... a $2500 program and people are talking about picking up Vegas in order to complete MC.

Did you know that you can't even import a native mpeg without transcoding or running through AMA?

MC's audio section pales in comparison to Vegas's

Avid DVD which comes with MC is done by Sonic as is the same as Roxio's DVDit Pro HD. Support has all but evaporated on it. It's no where near as good as Sony's DVDa either

Don't get me wrong.... MC is an excellent cutting tool... but that's all you're getting for your $2500.

Now I sure do wish Sony would have added something like motion tracking long before they added 3D abilities but then on the other hand (and just for example), Vegas is the only NLE that comes with a CERTIFIED pro level Dolby Digital encoder right out of the box... and that's not cheap.

While MC can run circles around Vegas on the cutting field, Vegas outdoes MC on just about every other front. That's pretty good for a program that's 5 times as cheap.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]