MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Vegas 8 crashing every time I try to render!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Felder
Re: Vegas 8 crashing every time I try to render!
on Sep 20, 2010 at 2:40:11 pm

> I looked in the Sony Vegas folder but didn't see anything like a temp folder. Is there an unusual name for that folder?

Re: Vegas Pro 8.0 Using Lots Of Disk Space When Rendering
by Mike Kujbida on Apr 12, 2008 at 11:49:22 pm

Unless you've changed the file locations in Vegas, the default is C:My Documents.
If you have a small drive C, it's easy to fill this up.
The 2 file location options are in Properties (File-Properties - Prerendered files folder) and Options-Preferences (Temporary files folder.

If you have a corrupted prerender somewhere in your project, you may be able to flush it out by: TOOLS > CLEAN UP PRERENDERED VIDEO.

Sometimes, when I've had render problems, I've prerendered the project in pieces before doing my final render to WMV or MPEG2 or whatever you're using. To prerender your project in pieces, select a portion of your timeline, then TOOLS > SELECTIVELY PRERENDER.

As a work around, you could always render portions of your project, then bring those rendered pieces into a new project to complete production. I know that's not an answer to your problem, but at least it may get the program completed.

> I tried a test on just 25 seconds of footage with the same Chroma Keyer effect and the exact same rendering settings...and it worked fine! I tired rendering the whole video again, thinking maybe something had given, but the program crashed during rendering.

Are you saving to a media disk or your C drive? OS drives get fragmented very quickly, have you tried a defrag? Maybe run chkdsk (usually in c:/Windows/system32) to make sure there's not bad sectors that haven't been properly flagged by Windows.

Ryan Video Productions Inc. Rockaway, NJ

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]