MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: 4K in Vegas Pro 12

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Francois Pénzes
Re: 4K in Vegas Pro 12
on Jan 4, 2020 at 1:47:33 am

Hi Randy

Sorry about the late reply, I was out of the country. It may not be just about updating the GPU. Different things will affect all of the components at various degree depending on what you do. Also, you are trying to work with 4K files with a version of the software that was not designed for it. (And I suspect that your comp is under-powered to). If you are more than an occasional/part-time/only on alternate Wednesday editor, you may want to look at upgrading your hardware and your software. Once you've upgraded your software, I suggest that you download a trial version first. Once you're happy with the testing, go ahead and purchase. (Sometimes, you can get the version prior to the latest for less on some reseller's web sites. If you don't need DVD Architect, just get the Edit version (Google is your friend) Stay away from the pirated versions !!! What I personally did was to enlist the help of a couple of my buddies and installed the trial version on their computers that all had different configurations. That helped me narrow my search when choosing the different parts when I built mine. You don't need to spend a gazillion gold coins on hardware. It all depends on what your needs are. Foe example, my configuration works for what I do. It may not for you.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb
Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core 4.60GHz
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]