MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Why you like Vegas pro

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dimitrios Papadimitriou
Re: Why you like Vegas pro
on Aug 16, 2019 at 4:38:25 am

1. The timeline is so very good and easy to use.
2. I've tried Davinci or at least the free version, it's good, it's amazing for being free. I've tried Hitfilm which I use regularly but as a compositor. Using it for editing has gotten better over the years but even when I try to give the editor function another chance I struggle and get frustrated even for small projects. I've also used Camtasia which in terms of timeline functionality and ease of use might be my second favorite but I don't think it's quite on the professional spectrum and makes no claim to be, also used windows movie maker. Editing has always felt faster and better in vegas.
3. I've had issues with .mov files. Some work just fine other crash the second I hover over them. I feel like it's better than it use it. Also have problems with some .mts? or whatever it is files, again sometimes they are perfect other times they make vegas explode, in these cases I convert them.
4. I don't have a great computer for 4k editing though I can and have done it but it really eats up the ram with only 16gig you probably would be better with 32+. So if I'm editing 4K I create proxy files which is something vegas can do then I can edit no problem, rendering will still take a while though.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]