MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Ps4 Captured Footage sometimes has "trouble spots" when editing in Vegas Pro 16

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Eddie Brooks
Ps4 Captured Footage sometimes has "trouble spots" when editing in Vegas Pro 16
on Jul 18, 2019 at 10:19:22 pm

Hello, lurker making his first post on an ongoing issue I can't quite fix.

Most footage I pull up on Vegas Pro works fine. WAV files tend to corrupt over time, however, so I convert them to ogg, clean a bit in Audacity and all is well.
There is an issue I face that I can't get around quite as easily, it's the footage I pull from my PS4 (Pro) straight from its capture gallary.
Most times, I can drop a 15-30min clip onto the timeline and edit away at it like a snail on a cucumber. But Avery so often, when scribing and playing the footage through, there is a "spot" in the clip (always seems to be the same spot in the clip, no matter if I move, manipulate, edit it) where it freezes and most times crashed my Vegas program.

What happens is this:
I press play. Preview screen an audio are in accordance. Timeline needle hits the "spot" or gets just to close, and the preview screen freezes. Audio is still playing for a while, until the whole program realizes it's bugging out.
9 times out of 10, Vegas CTD.
Other times, I can wait it out and it'll fix itself... Only for me to forget what just happened, press play, and the freeze happens again but with a CTD this time.

Its killing my work flow when I have some fresh ideas I wanna run with, and now it's happened with the very first clip I put on the timeline of a new project. I wanna nip this in the bud if I can, any suggestions?

My specs:
CPU: AMD FX 770k quad 3500mhz
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 360
Motherboard : W8S F A78 RTL8111GN ALC892 MB 90006014 (That's all I could gather)
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
PSU: 280W (FSP FSP280-40PA ATX SINGLE) 280W PSU
HDD: 1 TB 7200 rpm
SSD: 128gb

Hope this helps.

Posts Index 

Current Message Thread:
  • Ps4 Captured Footage sometimes has "trouble spots" when editing in Vegas Pro 16 by Eddie Brooks on Jul 18, 2019 at 10:19:22 pm

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]