MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: working with Prores and DNxHD

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

George Dean
Re: working with Prores and DNxHD
on Jul 2, 2019 at 5:11:06 pm

Hi Rob,

Although Magix has improved Vegas Pro since they purchased it, they are still doing catchup with both stability and features attempting to get it capable with other mainstream NLE's. I doubt they will ever top out Final Cut Pro Premiere or Resolve.

I switched from Vegs Pro to Resolve 15 Studio last year and other than helping others with VP from time to time (because I used it for so many years), I have never looked back for my production projects. Resolve 15, no doubt has the best color correction and grading capability of all the NLE's and with v15 the editing and FX capability is really improved enough for me that I have no need for all the other programs I had to use with Vegas. Resolve 16 even jumps further with improved Fusion, audio and Fx's, although v16 is still in beta and hopefully the production release will be in the next few months.

Depending on how complex your workflow and the feature set you need, will depend on which NLE will work best for you. I don't have a need to work with any other companies, but if you have other clients who are using something like Premiere, it does present an issue when trading/passing on projects.

I have read many times from users who started with Vegas, progressed their editing talents to the point they developed paying clients, but are constantly beating against a wall with other production houses which have never accepted Vegas as a professional tool. If I were in it for the money (I'm retired now) I would switch in a heart beat, embrace the learning curve and get the monkey of poor acceptance off my back.

You may be right, it may be time for you to make the switch. Good Luck with your decision and future editing.

Best Regards......George

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]