MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Disappearing video clips

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Graham Bernard
Re: Disappearing video clips
on May 16, 2019 at 6:36:17 am

[Cindy Hberg] " I got the video from Envato Elements."
Nice site! And there, right there is your issue: In terms of SPECIFICATIONS, I can't see ANY reference to just what it is you can download. Obviously it HAS been QA for APPLE platforms. Do you see any references to PC platforms?
[Cindy Hberg] "And Vegas can handle most of their MOV files but not all of them."
Looking at the variations then sure, that sounds about right. VP will do its best and then with others it wont - as you've discovered. šŸ˜‰
[Cindy Hberg] "I'm not sure there is a big difference between them though."
Well, Vegas thinks so.
[Cindy Hberg] " If by rendering as a constant bit rate you mean picking a codec where I set the bit rate at 8 million, for example."
Well, you COULD try setting Project to MATCH your Media and see what it does then.
[Cindy Hberg] "What is odd though is the disappearing media goes and then reappears, off in on, in no predictable pattern."
I suspect that this IS expected behaviour. VP is trying like hell to do the MATH. Sometimes it DECODES and then it gives up, and sits down.
[Cindy Hberg] "If I were to render all my clips externally to make it constant bit rate -- I haven't done this before. But, I imagine I'd download an app for that. I suspect since this project is due to the client tomorrow, I might make it if I continue editing while it disappears, then wait for it to reappear (as thus far it has) -- then render it before it goes bon voyage again?"
Woah! You are not in a good place to start this going for reediness tomorrow. Your call.
[Cindy Hberg] "I think the neater and ultimately better way -- would be to re-render/convert all the footage, as you wisely mentioned."
Well, lesson learnt. We've all been there. I've learnt to take into account ALL my parameters before editing. That's from QA the Media right through to delivery. And yes, before I bring any of my footage into VP I test it to death to make sure, and then and only then get busy with Clients=Paid Work
[Cindy Hberg] "I only wish time were my friend right now."
Never ever is. But we can tame and wrangle Time into being an obedient animal! We just need to be canny. - Speak with the Client? But that's up to you.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * IntelĀ® Coreā„¢i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]