MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Vegas Pro 16 builds later than 307 - CPU power for previewing is lost

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

George Dean
Re: Vegas Pro 16 builds later than 307 - CPU power for previewing is lost
on Apr 14, 2019 at 4:03:40 pm

I think I have reached the outer limits of my shallow knowledge on this subject! Perhaps the Master Display refers to a calibrated color display as it has custom settings, but that is an off the wall guess!! I pecked around a bit and could not find anything about it. There is nothing about it in the Vegas Help, but then Vegas Pro 16 Help has many references which have not been updated since VP15 and certainly anything in a recent build is not going to be there.

My primary NLE is DaVinci Resolve (now on version 16b1) which runs as a default in floating point and 10 bit, much smoother than Vegas, but in Vegas Pro I'm not experiencing the issues you have with Dynamic RAM settings and the program stopping, which could be the difference between your M5000 and my little R9 390, as well as, your project is most likely much larger and more complex than my projects.

The few times I have worked in 32 bit Floating point full range I have set Vegas to 8 bit for the cutting and editing, certain FX's, then switched it over to floating point for the color management/corrections, but again those were more or less experimenting and not a real lengthy projects.

Best Regards......George

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]