MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: How Do I Remove Automatic Audio Fade On Cut

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stephen Le Page
Re: How Do I Remove Automatic Audio Fade On Cut
on Mar 11, 2019 at 6:48:46 am

It would occasionally be useful for me to minimise this auto-fade down to 0 ms in order to maintain continuous audio despite splitting.
I'm doing a complicated cut of piece-to-camera narration, PC desktop recording, and other graphical overlays, enhanced with externally recorded narration. After synchronising all the clips in time, I need to group them all to keep them in sync. I then do a complicated cut of video components, requiring lots of splitting. Splitting a grouped block of files also splits my master audio narration. Mostly it is between sentences, so it's no problem, but sometimes during a complicated video edit, a split happens in the middle of important audio, and the auto-fading makes a noticeable warble in the sound. Reducing the auto-fade down to the minimum of 1 reduces the impact of this, but it's not perfect. A 0 ms auto-fade would be better when you want continuity of split audio, however, I wouldn't want to change my system setting because it is good most of the time. To work around this, I do an L-cut by ungrouping my master audio file, and either relocating the split to a nearby moment of quiet with a couple of audio trims, or delete the audio from one side of the split, and reform it by trimming from the other side of the split.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]