MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Is Vegas Over?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bruce Brent
Re: Is Vegas Over?
on Dec 19, 2018 at 4:07:59 pm

John I've got you beat!

I've got a relic. A Canopus PCI card. The length is huge. It produced only SD resolution. Thea inputs and outputs were RCA. This device came with a "breakout box." A nice looking (artifical wood grain) box with a cable to input in the back of the card. It had the same RCA's (in and out) plus a Firewire input. Running on a Windows 98 back then.

The best part of all this was the software: a 3.5" floppy disk. It had the needed drivers and the software that ran the product. Of course, it had the working timeline and the basics needed to create a video. Ready for this....this simple software had the ability to (using your mouse cursor) track a moving object (pixelate a face) by realtime movement of the video. All you had to do was set the pixelate to the size you wanted, click play, place your cursor over the moving face and this simple software would follow the face and place (internal keyframing) the pixelation where your mouse was.

I still have the entire system somewhere in my "house of antiques" room.

So, John, do I have you beat? LOL

An old-fart video editor (Bruce)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]