MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Is Vegas Over?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Rofrano
Re: Is Vegas Over?
on Dec 18, 2018 at 1:33:48 pm

[Brad Leigh] "I usually would get these answers by reading through posts, but I don't see the usual suspects posting here so it's hard to tell."
I guess I was a "usual suspect" lol... 😉

I moved to the Mac a few years ago and now use Final Cut Pro X on my 2010 Mac Pro 12-Core and I'm loving it. Yes, I'm editing video on an 8 year old Mac and it rocks!!! (of course most 2018 PC's don't have 12-cores so... lots of power to spare in these ole' Mac Pro towers)

I'm not as active here as I use to be just because I don't know what the new features are all about. I stopped using Vegas Pro at version 12. I keep our VASST plug-ins up to date with newer versions but I don't use Vegas Pro anymore. I'll answer general video editing questions here but can't really debug issues because I don't even have a PC anymore so I'm done with graphics card problems and GPU's not working, etc. That's all a thing of the past for me.

I will say this. Coming from Vegas Pro 12 the UI will be a BIG shock! It was for me. I use to be able to look at the UI and see what icons where on and off and assess my track situation immediately. I don't even recognize 1/2 of the icons anymore in Vegas Pro 16 and they've moved some to the bottom of the timeline and the dark interface is horrible for anyone getting older like myself who's eyes require more contrast than when I was younger not less. I hate the dark UI on Final Cut Pro X equally. I don't get this whole dark UI stuff but it's definitely hostile to us older folks. I set mine to light in Vegas Pro. I wish FCP X had that option.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]