MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Ultimate Vegas Machine?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Philippe Gaudens
Re: Ultimate Vegas Machine?
on Aug 3, 2018 at 10:26:33 am

Hello,

I moved from Vegas 13, to 14, to 15 (awaiting for 16), and I can tell you that MAGIX really improved the Vegas 15 engine !!
On the exactly same computer, real time play is far smoother ! Almost no more glitches...

They optimized the engine that now better use compute ressources from CPU and GPU...

I have bi-Xeon 12 cores (24 cores, 48 threads) and Vegas 14 was glitchy playing 1080p with just blur transitions or simple moving titles... I had to select "Preview half" to get things better... Sometimes I had to select Draft half !

With Vegas 15 I always select Best Full and it is smoother than ever! Not totally smooth, but far enough to preview.

Previous versions until Vegas 14 was limited to 16 rendering threads...

Vegas 15 handles all my CPU threads:

And I guess MAGIX also optimized the use of GPU ressources in Vegas... During realtime playing, My GPU load is about 25%... While previous versions was less than 10%

But I noticed that my CPU cores are pretty much loaded when I render... But real time playing with just transitions make the CPU load focused on 1 core, and a little bit on others...
I would say you'd better choose a CPU with high frequency (4Ghz) instead of chossing more cores...
It depends on what is the most important to you... Editing, or rendering ?

Best regards,
Philippe.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]