MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Vegas Video 14 -- Can't get Magix customer support to fix it

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan Benkman
Re: Vegas Video 14 -- Can't get Magix customer support to fix it
on Apr 14, 2017 at 11:03:34 pm

After all the hassles I mentioned, I did get Vegas 14 to install on my desktop. But I was never able to get the extras (image stabilizer and titler) to run, thanks to the utter incompetence of Magix.

But I could never get 14 to install on my laptop, even though I could uninstall and reinstall 13 on it without problems. And of course Magix offered no solution to this problem either.

As far as Vegas 14 vs 13 goes, having tried both on my desktop it looks to me like the same blowups that can happen with 13 also happen with 14. My guess is that they did little to fix 13's bugs, and instead just added the new titler and image stabilizer (proDAD) -- which at any rate at least for me cannot be enabled, and are thus totally useless.

So if 13 blows up too much for your application and computer, I suspect that 14 won't work any better. But it may be worth a try if you already paid for it. It is possible to have both 13 and 14 installed on the same computer, so you can probably install 14 without removing 12.

I understand about being used to Vegas, but I have my doubts that Magix will be able to keep Vegas usable and up to date, and at any rate they can't support it. So inevitably people who want the latest features will have to abandon the Vegas platform and learn a new one.

But for now I just live with 13 and tolerate it's occasional (for me) blowups.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]