MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Vegas Video 14 -- Can't get Magix customer support to fix it

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan Benkman
Re: Vegas Video 14 -- Can't get Magix customer support to fix it
on Mar 13, 2017 at 3:10:29 am

Going in circles with Magix continues.

They DID fix my original email problem -- the one where I never got their email that gave me the serial numbers to enable the Vegas Suite software to run.

So I got the serial numbers from the Magix site (NOT the email, which never came), now that I could log in with my old email. However, the site only lists the serial numbers for the Sony/Magix software, NOT proDAD or the Titler.

When you purchase and download the Vegas Suite from Magix, you get an exe file that downloads and installs all the software you purchased. That included proDAD and the Titler in my case. However, I cannot run them, and have been going in circles about this with Magix. By full circle, now they are now telling me to REFER BACK TO THE EMAIL I NEVER GOT, as if all these months of emails about the problem had never happened.

A couple of other things happened along the way. I DID get Vegas 14 to run on my desktop when they fixed my old email. But WITHOUT proDAD and WITHOUT the Titler, I found that 14 has essentially the same bugs and same blowups that Vegas 13 has, especially when mixing multi-track audio with HD video, so the net gain for my money and all the exasperation dealing with Magix has been ZERO.

But it's worse than that. Vegas 14 will not run on my laptop. When I try to run it, it comes up with this error:
LoadLibrary failed with this error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

Rebooting, reinstalling 14, deleting Vegas 13, all have no effect. Reinstalling 13 works, 14 simply won't run no matter what. Their suggestion to install various Visual Studio Redistributables had no effect. They were all up to date anyway, and at any rate should be handled by their installation software.

And now, Wave Hammer in 13 beeps on my laptop because it has decided to become unregistered. Apparently there is no simple fix to this result from trying to install 14.

The bigger picture is this: Magix is incompetent. They can't connect the dots between one email and the previous one, so they simply cannot solve these problems. It is beyond their capacity to deliver to the customer what they purchased.

If everything installed and ran when you bought it, consider yourself lucky. But if things didn't work, realize that even after spending hours interacting by email with their customer service that you may NEVER get what you paid for to work, EVER.

At some point, you'd expect that they'd simply refund your money, but they are probably not set up to do that.

I purchased the Vegas 14 suite last November. It is now March, and it still won't work as advertised. I asked them a question they won't answer:

How can they expect me to purchase any new software from them, ever?

It looks like Magix has a competing video editor of their own that they wrote, and they may be simply trying to kill off the Vegas line. Either that, or they just don't apply enough resources to fix their problems with inadequate customer support. They clearly don't mind having a bunch of angry and frustrated customers, at least not enough to fix it.

So I ask the question here: Does it make sense to ever purchase another product from Magix? As far as I'm concerned, the answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT!

As it stands, now, I'm giving up. My time would be better spent researching and learning a whole new video/audio editing suite from another company than trying to get what I purchased from Magix to work. The money I spent on it is officially wasted.

Are there any suggestions for a not too expensive alternative to Vegas that includes decent multi track audio editing and mixing tools? The main problem with finding a good alternative is simply taking the time to learn enough to see if it will do what I'd want, so any suggestions for a competing product would be appreciated.

Magix is killing themselves by their own incompetence. My personal recommendation is to help them fail by never buying any of their products.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]