MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Vegas Video 14 -- Can't get Magix customer support to fix it

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brandon Russell
Re: Vegas Video 14 -- Can't get Magix customer support to fix it
on Feb 10, 2017 at 1:45:21 pm

@ Dan Benkman, I feel your pain. I have absolutely not one good thing to say about Magix or their customer or technical support.

Last fall I received an email that said "Buy MSPS13 now and receive 14 for free when it's released." So I went ahead and bought the deal.

Long story short, I purchased the digital download version, big mistake! I realized that I was missing all of the 3rd party plugins that were advertised to come with program. I logged into my account and submitted a technical support ticket. 2 weeks go by and I haven't heard a thing, so I call the customer service number and get to speak to a gentleman who spoke very little English. After 30 minutes of explaining what the problem was and having to talk slowly and repeat every other word to him, he tells me, in very broken English, that he would have to submit a support ticket. It took me another 10 minutes to explain to him that I had already done that and he said that was all he could do.

Another week goes by and I still hear nothing, so I call back to customer service. Apparently they don't keep notes of your previous calls because I had to explain the ENTIRE problem over again to someone who spoke very little English. They said they would put in another support ticket with a "priority" stamp and I would get a call back the next day. Guess what?? No call!

So I called back a few days later, demanding to speak to a customer service manager or that they refund my money. They said I could not talk to a supervisor but that they would send him an email. A supervisor emailed me the next day basically saying the same thing as the customer service rep said. In the mean time Derek Moran from Movie Studio Zen was able to make contact with his people at Magix and help get the ball rolling on a resolution to this problem.

Finally, after weeks of going back and forth with customer service and multiple ignored emails from technical support, I was finally able to get the download links for the third party plugins that should have been included in the first place! Now months later, I hear that they STILL have not fixed the problem and those who purchase the digital download version are still having this problem.

I will NEVER buy another product from Magix via Digital Download. Sony made a great line of products and unfortunately with the sale to Magix, I'm afraid Magix will run this great product right into the ground with their non existent technical support.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]