MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Re: Sony Vegas 14 Cannot Open Project Get Message "Windows Out Of Memory"

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul Berk
Re: Sony Vegas 14 Cannot Open Project Get Message "Windows Out Of Memory"
on Jan 12, 2017 at 11:20:05 pm

Over the years, I've had my share of computer problems. When they appeared, I'd be saying,
"Nothing has changed. Why doesn't this work? Damn software !! "

Mostly the answers come by narrowing the problem down. One thing is clear, something has changed, namely you are going from VP13 to VP14 and namely in VP14 (but not 13) the file is going low on Memory. But why? All VP14 fault. If VP14 was entirely at fault, I think we'd have heard much more about it on this forum from others. Personally, I've not seen the problem. Maybe it's the very large file size?

One answer is to stick with VP13. But if it was me, I'd reduce this .veg file into about five parts. That should not be hard to do in VP13. Load each part separately into VP14 to see which ones, if any .. (or all?) go low on memory. You should be able to get an idea of WHY VP14 does not like this .veg. No doubt it is some media within the file that VP14 does not like. Of course, it could be a major bug in VP14 so you should report it to Magix. Meanwhile, if you wish to use VP14 and not wait for that bug fix, you could try to work your way to answer. NARROW THE PROBLEM DOWN. What works. What doesn't.

I can't speak to any size limit for Vegas files but are you saying that the full .veg file is 8 megs?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]