MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum
podcasts

Re: Double checking new specs to work with Vegas 12

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Rofrano
Re: Double checking new specs to work with Vegas 12
on May 14, 2015 at 7:43:14 pm

[Glenn Payne] "1. Do you guys think this is a good buy for using Vegas 12? "
It looks good but I would increase the memory to 16GB. You really should have 2GB per CPU so a 6 core should have at least 12 GB so 16GB is the next increment up for you. Also make sure you have a powerful enough PSU. 850W would probably be minimum. 1000W would be better.
[Glenn Payne] "2. Is there a legitimate way for PC users to convert a massive file from the PC equivalent to Prores 422? "
Not really. There is a company that sells a ProRes encoder but I don't know if it's licensed by Apple and people have had problems with it when you deliver it to a Mac user. It causes performance problems and most Mac users can spot these bogus files and wind up re-endering them with Apple proRes so you really don't want to send this to distributors.
[Glenn Payne] "I know you can take your PC file and throw it in compressor and render out as Prores 422, but I wasn't certain if their would be any loss in quality in the final product. Is this a realistic option that professionals use?"
You could render to Avid DNxHD on the PC and convert to ProRes 422 on a Mac and not have any visual loss in quality. Apple now supports MXF so you could use HD422 50Mbps MXF files as well.
[Glenn Payne] "What do Premiere Pro users do to get Prores?"
They probably run Premiere on a Mac as the PC version of Premiere Pro doesn't have a ProRes encoder.

If you are working with post houses that require ProRes you should seriously consider buying a Mac instead of another PC. You could always run Vegas Pro in Bootcamp. I don't have any PC's anymore. I've moved totally to Mac (I have a MacBook Pro and 2 Mac Pro's). Vegas Pro runs fine on all of them.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]