FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: EPISODE QUESTIONS re. Distributed Rendering

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jesse KorosiRe: EPISODE QUESTIONS re. Distributed Rendering
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:34:12 am

Hey guys,

I appreciate all of the feedback I have received so far. Thought I would throw an update on to here.

Turns out the Episode 6 Demo that you can download off of the Telestream website does not have the speed that Engine will possess. I requested a trial license for Engine 6 and received two so that I could test clustering as well. This was plugged into the demo I had downloaded and the program is now titled (at the top of the interface) Episode Engine. Versus before I had plugged in the serial it only said Episode.

I have since been running some tests and keep getting similar error messages when using split and stitch. The error message says:
A Parallel Split Failed

This always seems to happen on the local computer used to control the renders. The second computer used as a node seems to always render fine within this process.

Any ideas what this error message could be?

When I play around with the amount of splits the render can make it does make a difference as to how long the render will go on for without error. But regardless of the amount I type in, if I have Split n Stitch on, eventually during the render it gives me this error. If I turn Split and Stich off. The error goes away. But considering I am rendering 1 hour long files. It would be Ideal to have it turned on....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jesse Korosi

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]