Source text as thisComp.name but also have it lowercase

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Johnny Opamo
Source text as thisComp.name but also have it lowercase
on Jan 20, 2020 at 11:07:38 pm

Hi there,

I'm just getting into expressions and looking for ways to speed up some of the more repetitive aspects of my workflow. A client sends me a folder with an artist's project name in the title, I usually have to copy and paste the text from the folder to the project name until I found the below solution.

I have a comp which has two bits of text and the comp name is "ARTIST // TITLE" for example.

The expressions I'm using are:

* for the Artist text*

compName = thisComp.name
compName.substring(0, compName.indexOf('//'))

* for the Title text *

compName = thisComp.name
compName.substring(compName.indexOf('//')+2)

This is really helpful at splitting the artist text and the title text but the branding for the team I'm working with has all their text lowercase and the comp names are in sentence case. What can expression can I add to this so that I am able to have the text within the comp all lowercase regardless of the case of the comp if that makes sense?

To add to this, is there anyway I can add text to the end of my comp's name without it appearing in the text? Like a piece of text that the expression could ignore? For example, I'd like to specify in the comp's file name that the footage is "1:1" or "9:16" but I don't want this text to appear in the artist or title text.

Every week there's a huge amount artist text titles I have to input manually and this would have me a bunch of time!

Any help with this would be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]