ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: control path length using expressions

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy Engelkemier
Re: control path length using expressions
on Sep 6, 2019 at 12:25:11 pm

Yes, I'm aware that you can use trim paths. But a percentage of two different paths of different lengths cause the "draw" to go at different speeds.
So if you want the path to draw on at the same rate, you have to calculate the path length because you have to adjust the start and finish times based on the path length.

In case that's Still not clear.
I have two paths. One is 3000px long, the other is 6000px long. I start their animation both at 00;00;00. I would like them to go at the same speed, only, I don't know how long they are (because AE doesn't tell me). So when I start and finish them both at the same time, the path that is twice as long appears to animate on twice as fast. Instead, I would like to have the 3000px path move at the same rate, and finish in half the time.

So I'm copying and pasting these paths into Illustrator to find out the lengths, then adjusting the keys based on the percentage they are different. I have quite a few to do, so it's a bit of a pain. I'd rather be able to keep things in AE with expressions.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]